Potty Training Tips: 9 tips to get your boy or girl ready for potty training



Potty training  is  new and exciting, definitely challenging, sometimes frustrating but huge relief once it's done. My son gave me the best gift he could give on his 2nd birthday and that was the gift of being fully potty trained. I was so proud I snapped a couple pictures that I will never post publicly especially after recently reading how grown kids are now suing parents for posting potty pics. Below are some of potty training tips that worked for me. 


Tip # 1 : The earlier you can start the better
My son would follow me in when I used the potty to use it as an opportunity to show them what it's all about. . 

Tip # 2 : Mentally prepare them
I believe being mentally prepared is more than half the battle. There are so many great videos of kids potty training on youtube so have them watch videos of potty training and sign songs about potty training. 

Tip # 3 : Get them excited to do it
After watching a bunch of videos of other kids using the potty and singing songs about it they are pretty much brainwashed and excited to try it themselves. 

Tip # 4 : Be prepared for ups and downs
Don't be surprised if they realize that it's not as easy as it looks and rebel against the whole idea of potty training. 

Tip # 5 : Patience is the key
Be patient and give them a break from potty training if its getting too stressful for parent or baby. I use to give my son a 1 week break when things started getting too intense. 


Tip # 6 : Be Consistent 
Consistency is the key, once you restart potty training be consistent set a schedule and stick to it. An example of a schedule is to take them to the potty every 15 or 30 minutes like clock work. Have them sit on the potty weather they need to use it or not. 

Tip # 7 : Keep them sitting 
Keep them sitting on that potty. Do whatever it takes to keep them sitting; sing, 123s, ABCs, bribery. 

Tip # 8 : Reward them
When the successfully use the potty reward them. I use to give my son raisins as a reward. They will always go for something sweet but I try to keep it healthy with raisins or fruits. 

Tip # 9 : Celebrate Success!
Celebrate, we did the potty dance whenever my son successfully used the potty he got a reward and we all danced around the potty, singing and chanting potty songs.  

I am the author and illustrator of Ata and the Magic Potty, A Children's Story Book About Early Potty Training. The book is available on amazon on kindle and in print. 




For a limited I will be giving away free copies of the kindle version for readers interested in leaving an honest review on Amazon. 

Details of the giveaway are below. 

I promise that this entertaining rhyming story for children and parents is an instant classic.



a Rafflecopter giveaway

Keywords: potty training books,potty training boys,potty chair,potty training age,potty training, how to potty train a boy,potty training girls,potty training tips, toilet training 

0 comments:

Post a Comment